The Texas Metro News is seeking to host editorial interns to provide writing and reporting experience for both our print and digital outlets. We look forward to creating a productive learning environment in which to build and fine-tune your editorial skills.
Areas of Focus
Interns will be assigned to one or more of the following areas of focus, reflective of our newspaper content:
- Arts & Culture
- Social Justice
Duties include, but are not limited to,
- Research and write feature and business profiles, along with trending/breaking news and daily news bites.
- Research and post relevant events and happenings to Texas Metro News calendar
- Upload weekly newspaper content
- Conduct general research as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in journalism school, college student or have at least one year of writing experience.
- Basic knowledge of reporting and writing news.
- The ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- Must have previously published work or writing clips.
- Proficiency with content management software (WordPress), social media platforms, and Microsoft Office.
- Photography and/or video a plus.
Interns will work 15-20 hours per week and must commit to working their full college semester (if not in college, then a minimum of 12 weeks). Hours are flexible, though a set weekly schedule is preferred. Training and supervision are provided.
Most internships are unpaid. However, qualifying interns may earn a stipend or hourly wage based on proficiency and performance.
Interested? Please complete the form below, including links to at least one writing sample.