The City of Dallas has opened a home repair rebate program to provide emergency home repair assistance to qualified low-to-moderate-income homeowners within the city limits of Dallas for replacement or repair of systems/fixtures that have been damaged as a result of the 2021 Texas Severe Winter Storm.
The Emergency Home Repair Program consists of two programs:
- Rebate Program for homeowners in the City of Dallas
- Non-Profit Program for homeowners served by 501 (c) (3) organizations
Applicants that meet the eligibility requirements listed below and have already hired a licensed contractor are eligible to have up to $10,000 reimbursed to them.
Proof of Household Income (all that apply)
- One (1) month of most recent pay-check stubs (all household wage earners)
- Current Social Security and/or Supplemental Security Income
- Unemployment: Statement of Potential Benefit and Wages
- Court-ordered child support statement (if applicable)
Proof of Identity
- Government-issued ID
Proof of primary homeowner occupancy
- Utility Bill
- Homestead Exemption
Proof of ownership
- DCAD print out showing ownership info
Proof of damages and that the damage(s) occurred as a result of the 2021 Texas Severe Winter Storm
- Photos of repair work
- Copies of paid itemized invoice and/or receipts showing what was paid
For more information, click here.