The district’s will continue to feed children at participating campuses across Dallas.
School’s out, but Dallas ISD will continue to provide free meals to students during the summer break.
The district’s curbside pickup program will be available at participating schools every Wednesday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Children aged 1 through 18 are eligible for the free meals, along with 19-year-old students currently enrolled in school. Students with disabilities are also eligible regardless of age, and qualifying children do not need to be enrolled in summer classes.
Although curbside sites will change next month, participating schools in Oak Cliff include:
- Adamson High School
- Atwell William Hawley Middle School
- Boude Storey Middle School
- Carter High School
- Cedar Crest Elementary School
- Clinton P. Russell Elementary School
- Felix Botello Elementary School
- Hector P. Garcia Middle School
- J.P. Starks Elementary School
- L.V. Stockard Middle School
- Oliver Holmes Middle School
- Sarah Zumwalt Middle School
- Sunset High School
- T.W. Browne Middle School
- W.E. Greiner Middle School
- W.W. Bushman Elementary School
- Zan Wesley Holmes Jr. Middle School
Dallas ISD also began its on-site summer meal program on Tuesday, which will serve free breakfast and lunch to those 18 and younger. Registration nor ID is required for meals at the participating sites.
See the full map of locations for both programs here.