It’s finally here the VWEC’s 4th Annual National Business Women’s Week Conference featuring our Inaugural 2021 Pitch Platform. This pitch is a part of our 4BusinessRecovery Campaign working to support entrepreneur women associated with the military to revive their businesses and thrive.
We know many facilities; including our own, have experienced closures due to COVID 19; therefore, this year’s Pitch Platform will focus on some of our hardest hit industries.
The application is extensive but so is the investment, with $40k in pitch investments beginning with $20k-1 Place; $10k-2nd Place; $5k-3rd Place, and a recently added $3k Audience Choice as well as $2k in additional contestant prizes. This is your opportunity to get in the game and claim your fame as a business that will not be defeated!
You have a quick turnaround, applications open Wednesday, September 1st, and closed on Tuesday, September 7th giving you the long holiday weekend to get your applications in!
- In business as of 6/30/2019
- Primary Platform focus areas retail stores, restaurants, and/or raves(event facilities);
- Secondary Platform focus areas online retail, food, condiments, beverages, and/or event services/products providers;
- Mandatory 3 Minute Fast Pitch – Thursday, 9/9, 6:30PM-8:30PM — sessions are limited and you cannot schedule your Fast Pitch until you submit a complete application. Note, if it is later determined that your application is missing information you may be disqualified from the competition.
- 3 Minutes per FP virtual pitch with 2 minutes for questions from Judges;
- FP Focus – How will you use these funds to grow your business?→ Important points a) What have you already done to grow your business? b) How will this investment help you do more to grow your business?
- Attend 80% of the 8 PITCH PREP sessions, which will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Provide a Site Visit where appropriate and/or a Business Video
- Pitch on Wednesday, October 20, 2021, and participate in Live Conference Interviews
- Unapproved funds usage include personal salary, bonuses, cash incentives or other business giveaways;
- Approved funds usage include, but are not limited to: hiring new staff, upgrades/new equipment, strategic marketing/advertising campaign, CRM Strategies, new/upgrades to technology, financial software, other strategies that can be proven to promote business growth and/or expansion.
- Winners must agree to participate in a Customized Coaching series to develop a plan for the most effective use of their winnings.
- Agreed to funds distributed in segments with approved budget purchase receipts or invoices